Tuesday 7 May 2013

Choices are you making the right ones? GM-Fitness Week 5+6



Are you making the right health and fitness choice in life?

Spoilt for choice!” you may have heard the saying. We are lead to believe that we have a wide range of choices in our modern democratic prosperous age. Do your choices make you feel prosperous, equal, fit successful, individual?

Choices, what are they?

Choices are turning points in our lives.

So many choices, but what is it that we can choose? Another car? Another pair of shoes? What mineral water to drink? Another partner? Some time alone? A holiday? To love or not to love? To stay or go? To protect or defend? To trust or not to trust? To Exercise or Not exercise? To eat clean or eat unhealthy? Choices are markers that define our actions.

Choices can tip the balance in our lives from going nowhere to suddenly arriving where you have always wanted to be.

 







All the choices are available, except the understanding of what a choice is, and what you can do with it. The power of choice is so huge that it often misses our perceptions entirely. Choices define who we become and who we used to be. Choices change our lives. Are you Making the Right Choice!

Did You Know?
 
Working out will always feel hard.

  Exercise is work. It elevates your heart rate, makes you somewhat breathless, and causes your muscles to burn. It's tiring—sometimes exhausting. Yes, exercise does get easier with time, but it will never be "easy." If it were easy, it wouldn’t be exercise. You see, beyond just getting your body moving (which is great but will only get you so far), exercise has to challenge you. You have to work past your comfort zone in order to train your heart, lungs, and muscles to get stronger and fitter. Over time, yes it will become easier to walk at the 3 mph pace you started, but once that becomes easy, it's time to walk faster, which brings me to another cold, hard truth: You have to work harder as you get fitter. Think of it exercise as a challenge to continuously improve on what you just accomplished.




We are going to Take a look in to the Blog of Dave jones and see how he is doing on his GM-Fitness Journey.. Like We said above life is about making the right choices!

Make the GM-Fitness change for you!


Monday

Nice days rest and aches seem to have disappeared but i'm sure it's not long before they start again. Short class for me today but as always it was tough.
 
Tuesday
Feeling good today, then mid-morning I had some devastating news in the form of a one word text 'Legs' Mrs Myles certainly knows how to unsettle a man. Got through a great session mainly legs and the aching has returned.
 
Wednesday
Heavy weights for squats at class today. Absolutely drained tonight, the stairs are becoming a real challenge, bed at 8.30 as early session tomorrow.
 
Thursday
Last thing I fancied at 6am when I woke up was training but Mel seems to have the knack off pitching my sessions so they push me to the limit but are enjoyable. I felt great at 9am when I arrived in work although I seem to have this constant all over feeling of aching - I must be getting used to it!!!
 
Friday
Just when I thought it was safe to bring my legs out (Mel was not PT me tonight) Gareth directed me to the bike, I had a silly thought that it would be nice to warm up on the bike!! 20 minutes later climbing of the bike my legs were back to that wobbly feeling. 4 weeks down and TWO days REST.

Great weak eating good and training hard.
 
 
Monday
Nice 2 day rest and didn't indulge to much. This is certainly a lifestyle change for the better. Short session today but eased into week 5 nicely.
 
Tuesday
Arrived at today's session with my head spinning, had a great session and felt great after it. Just goes to show that exercise doesn't just have a physical impact but helps mentally as well. A little warning at the end from Mel, LEGS Thursday - here we go again!!!
 
Wednesday
Abs in class today paired up to do various exercises.... Must have a word with Mel to pair me with someone who has a little more enthusiasm.
 
Thursday
Sure enough as promised the early bird gets legs, but I thought it was ok not as hard as some sessions BUT after a shower and as the day went on the ache began. Legs back to normal I guess.
 
Friday
I obviously did my exercises spot on yesterday much to Mel's joy my hamstrings and calfs were in constant pain and to be honest i was dreading more legs. As it was it was i did lats....and lats and lats and lats....... At least I should have something else to think of over the holidays - lats.
 
Saturday
Outfit was a struggle to get to. My calfs are killing me so hopefully today's session will loosen them up. Married life seems to be influencing Gareth he seems to take great delight giving me jump squats and lunges...now where did he get that from.

After 5 weeks this is really intense seems to have gone up a level and really tests your determination. But so enjoyable physically and mentally and a real achievement.
 
 
 
As you have read from the above your body is in your hands make the most of your life and make fitness part of your life style for the better!
 
GM-Fitness Dedicated To Training.......................Join Us!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment